BY EVENTSEEKER STAFF
The name “Hardly Strictly Bluegrass” may be a confusing mouthful at first, but once you discover the wide array of sounds this free festival has to offer, you will begin to understand. The twanging sounds of the Deep South are represented by artists such as Rosanne Cash, daughter of the legendary Johnny, while swaying indie rock flows in from New Jersey’s Yo La Tengo.
Dozens of other acts round out the cornucopia of musical styles, including San Francisco’s very own Thao & the Get Down Stay Down and its folk rock fusion. If you can make it out to Golden Gate Park this weekend, DO IT! IT’S FREE!
eventseeker | Hardly Strictly Bluegrass (9/23/14)
1. Thao & The Get Down Stay Down – “Holy Roller”
2. Hurray for the Riff Raff – “I Know It’s Wrong (But That’s Alright)”
3. Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell – “Hanging Up My Heart”
4. Built To Spill – “Things Fall Apart”
5. The Lone Bellow – “Teach Me To Know”
6. Yo La Tengo – “ I Saw The Light”
7. Lake Street Dive – “Bad Self Portraits”
8. The Mastersons – “Good Luck Charm”
9. Rosanne Cash – “Modern Blue”
10. The Felice Brothers – “Cherry Licorice”
If you want to pretend for a minute that you know more than we do about music, go ahead, send us your thoughts.